October 17, 2022 In Advovacy

Camp Lejeune Lawsuit

This article will discuss the Camp Lejeune lawsuit. If you have served at Camp Lejeune between August 1, 1953, and December 31, 1987, and you have been injured, you may by able to sue the government. This article will also discuss whether you are eligible and what your Camp Lejeune payout could be.

Am I Eligible to Sue for the Camp Lejeune Water Contamination?

The Camp Lejeune Justice Act was passed in 2022 allowing you to bring a Camp Lejeune lawsuit. Typically, the government claims immunity in actions like this so you can’t sue them. However, this bill allows civil actions against the government for claims related to the water contamination at Camp Lejeune.

To be eligible to sue, you must have been at Camp Lejeune for at least 30 days between the dates listed above. Dependents and family members are also eligible. So, if you were married to an enlisted service member, or a child of a marine stationed there, you can still qualify. You may also bring a wrongful death action if the individual is no longer with us.

What Disease’s are Covered

You must have also been diagnosed with one (or more) of the following illnesses:

Adult Leukemia;

Aplastic anemia or other myelodysplatic condition;

Bladder cancer;

Kidney cancer;

Liver cancer;

Multiple myeloma;

Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma; or,

Parkinson’s disease.

Disability Benefits with the VA

The VA has opened up disability benefits if you have one of these illnesses related to the water contamination. They have offered to pay for your treatment received 2 years ago up until now. Typically with these actions, you also waive your right to sue. So, you would be giving up your right to sue but you would get your medical bills paid for.

How Much Money Would You Collect from the Camp Lejeune Water Contamination/Camp Lejeune Payout

The answer is, it depends. If you have great injuries which have led to a lot of suffering, you could collect a lot of money in pain and suffering, medical bills, etc. It really is a person-to-person basis; however, we will always ask for as much as we can and as much as we feel you deserve.

What to Do Next

So, if you were at Camp Lejeune between 1953 to 1987, spent at least 30 days there, and have been diagnosed with one of the diseases listed above, contact us. If you are a Tennessee resident, we can help you. If you are not a Tennessee resident, we can still help you with your Camp Lejeune lawsuit. We are happy to give you a free consultation and let you know what your options are.

You served our country and have given enough; join the wall and let us help you from here on out.


Lucas Abbott

Lucas is the founding attorney of Shield Wall Legal, PC. Lucas also holds degrees in Christian Apologetics, kinesiology, and is earning another doctorate in Psychology with emphasis on criminology.